Since ancient times, clay has been used for decoration, protection and design. Today, it takes new shapes that add style to architectural designs. Terracotta is a traditional material transformed with cutting-edge production techniques featuring industry leading performance in all requirements: manufacturing consistency, color variations, customization capabilities, ease of installation, versatility, insulation performance and environmental responsiveness.
- Structures around the world, including the Coliseum in Rome and the Great Wall of China, have used bricks and clay tiles for construction for centuries.
- Fired clay, terracotta, will remain color permanent, fully functional, and beautiful for more than 100 years.
- Terreal North America takes the basic principle of firing clay to harden it and applies modern technology and techniques to produce a wide range of terracotta products; bricks, roof tiles, flooring and wall cladding.
- Terreal North America panels are made from the same raw materials as clay roof tiles → there are buildings in the US that have over 100 year old clay roof tiles that still look and perform like new.
- First double skin terracotta rainscreen installed more than 30 years ago in France is still performing beautifully today.
- Sleek terracotta panels offer modern design aesthetic with “peace of mind” of centuries of successful performance from the most natural building product.