Piterak® Slim is a 30mm thick, double-skin terracotta rainscreen cladding system with overlapping horizontal reveals. The system contains a large module terracotta panel available in a variety of standard sizes and a multitude of made-to-order sizes with a maximum height of 2′-0″ and maximum length of 6′-0″. Panels are furnished in lengths required for your project or they may be cut by the installation contractor for specific field conditions.
Piterak® Slim provides excellent structural load performance that is equivalent to thicker terracotta panels while providing a slender profile and minimal material weight. The system provides high wind resistance and the highest (Q4) impact resistance rating under French CSTB (an ICC Construction Product Evaluation Expert Alliance member) standards.
The terracotta cladding panels are supported by our engineered rainscreen support framing system and stainless-steel installation clips. Piterak® Slim is a terracotta cladding system that provides structural versatility and superior aesthetics in an economical rainscreen solution.
Standard Physical Characteristics
Center to Center Modules (IN)Center to Center Modules (MM)
Panel Size (IN)Panel Size (MM)
Terracotta Panel Weight (LBS)Terracotta Panel Weight (KG)
|8" x 60" 203mm x 1524mm||8.55" x 59.5" x 1.18" 217mm x 1511mm x 30mm||10 lbs/sq ft 48.8 kgs/m2|
|12" x 60" 305mm x 1524mm||12.55" x 59.5" x 1.18" 319mm x 1511mm x 30mm||10 lbs/sq ft 48.8 kgs/m2|
|18" x 60" 457mm x 1524mm||18.55" x 59.5" x 1.18" 417mm x 1511mm x 30mm||10 lbs/sq ft 48.8 kgs/m2|
|24" x 60" 609mm x 1524mm||24.55" x 59.5" x 1.18" 624mm x 1511mm x 30mm||10 lbs/sq ft 48.8 kgs/m2|
Piterak® Slim is a complete rainscreen system consisting of terracotta cladding panels, stainless-steel installation clips, and metal rainscreen framing components.
Piterak Slim Installation Video
Piterak Slim Installation Photos
- Adjustable wall brackets for vertical support member attachment being installed
- Vertical support member installed to wall bracket
- Vertical support member installed at vertical panel reveal
- Regular clip installation
- Regular clip installed
- Finished Installation
- Horizontal aluminum hat channels installed into steel framing with exterior insulation partially installed
- Starter clips installed at base
- Typical clips installed at a factory mitered corner panel
- Start of panel installation
- Panel installation proceeds
- Window trim detail
- Finished installation
Below is a typical installation diagram. Corresponding details can be downloaded via the detail references shown. Revit BIM content is available upon request.
Colors & Finishes
Piterak® Slim terracotta panels are available in a variety of through-body colors, as well as glazed finishes. Terreal North America can develop custom colors with through-body terracotta or matte, semi-gloss, gloss, or metallic glaze applications.
Standard Through-Body Colors
Standard Glaze Colors
Piterak Slim has been tested and received certifications for the following:
- French CSTB Technical Approval
- Breaking Load Test
- Freeze-Thaw Test – Champagne Clay Base
- Freeze-Thaw Test – Red Clay Base
- Efflorescence Test
- Water Absorption Test
- Impact Test – 25cm module
- Impact Test – 30cm module
- Wind Load Test – 25cm module
- Wind Load Test – 30cm module
- Seismic Performance – Approved for French categories zone IV, buildings 4 with insulation 240mm max