NeXclad is a single-skin, small module terracotta cladding system that is available in two standard sizes, and a variety of surface textures and colors. NeXclad may be installed directly to the wall sheathing or as the finish material in a rainscreen application. A variety of corner tile options are available with manufacturing in the exact coloration of the field tiles for a harmonious finished appearance. The small module terracotta tiles’ ease of installation provides an extremely economical cladding solution, while maintaining sensitivity to the building’s design aesthetic. NeXclad offers an industry leading 75-year material warranty.
- Our most economical terra cotta cladding system
- Simple easy to install systems
- Unparalleled custom color capability
- Framing systems available for all types of wall construction including framed walls, hard walls, walls with and without exterior insulation, walls with continuous insulation needs, etc.
- Complete framing system and design can be supplied by Terreal North America
- System wind load testing, impact testing, and ASTM performance testing all available
Standard Physical Characteristics
Center to Center Modules (IN)Center to Center Modules (MM)
Panel Size (IN)Panel Size (MM)
Terracotta Panel Weight (LBS)Terracotta Panel Weight (KG)
|8.25" x 11"||9" x 14" x .875"||8.05 lbs/sq ft|
|10.125" x 13"||10.75" x 16" x .875"||7.53 lbs/sq ft|
NeXclad can be installed directly to the wall sheathing or as the finish material in a rainscreen application. Below are photos of typical NeXclad installations.
NeXclad Installation Photos
Below is a typical installation diagram. Corresponding details can be downloaded via the detail references shown.
Typical Axonometric View
Colors & Finishes
NeXclad is manufactured in New Lexington, Ohio by Ludowici. Ludowici’s high-temperature firing technique results in a beautiful range of tones within a color blend. These color chips are intended to impart the range within each color blend.
Standard Through-Body Color
NeXclad glazes come in single and multiple spray options, creating a narrow or wide color range across the visual field. Custom color blends can also be created by request.
Standard Glaze Colors
NeXclad has been tested and received certifications for the following:
- ASTM C1167 Breaking Load Test – Glazed
- ASTM C1167 Efflorescence Test – Glazed
- ASTM C1167 Freeze-Thaw Test – Glazed
- ASTM C1167 Permeability Test – Glazed
- ASTM C1167 Thermal Shock Resistance Test – Glazed
- Wind Load Test over Armoroc
- Wind Load Test over Plywood
- Florida Building Code Approval
- Hail Impact Testing