Terreal North America, a leader in terracotta wall claddings and sunscreen products, is seeking a Project Manager to assist in continuing the overall company successes and growth. Terreal North America offers a collaborative, team environment where open discussions and sharing of information and expertise is encouraged. Successful candidates should have a solid knowledge of commercial and institutional construction drawings, specifications, and processes.
- Manage all facets of company projects/orders in order to successfully supply terra cotta wall claddings and sunscreen products
- Manage new orders from time of receipt to successful completion
- Oversee shop drawing, submittal, order entry, production and shipping phases of the project
- Ensure project is a success for both Terreal NA and customer
- Ensure project is supplied in a manner where acceptable margins are maintained versus the project estimate
- Work with estimating team to ensure projects are quoted in a manner where they can be supplied at an acceptable margin
- Secure order documents including customer purchase order or signed proposal, credit application and deposits.
- Place purchase orders for terra cotta and metal items with appropriate vendors using TNA order confirmation spreadsheet to calculate correct costs and selling prices.
- Verify all PO’s are accurate within vendor system by cross checking returned order acknowledgements.
- Coordinate the lead times for material with project deadlines and ship the material from multiple manufacturers and locations.
- Coordinate the delivery of all products by Sea, Air and Truck from multiple locations and vendors.
- Notify clients of upcoming container shipments and deliveries and educate them on unloading procedures and equipment needed.
- Insure proper invoicing to customer for all phases of ordering process.
- Familiarity with computer based estimating takeoff software a plus
- Perform component-based material takeoffs when needed
- Maintain relationships with current suppliers and establish new relationships with vendors and suppliers
- Contact vendors to obtain current pricing and pricing for custom components
- Review material takeoffs and proposals developed by others for accuracy and completeness prior to material proposal issuance.
- Obtain and communicate freight quotes from multiple factories and destinations.
- Assist in locating and identifying samples.
- Purchase and maintain stock material for samples including terra cotta products and metal items.
- Update Salesforce and Drop Box databases with copies of all order documents.
- Assist in the development of the part number system for cladding system to be used on details, drawings, orders, quotes, etc. – coordinated with ERP System for more efficient processing both internally and with customers.
- Communicate with credit manager to determine that client accounts are current before shipping material.
- Assist in the collection of customer payments.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Architectural Engineering, or related field
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents from architectural drawings, structural drawings, and related construction specifications.
- Strong organization skills with self-driven personality
- Problem solving ability and desire
- Interpersonal verbal and written skills
- Commercial construction experience in pre-construction services, project management and/or estimating a must
- Ability to read, interpret and navigate plans and specifications
- Proficient in MS Office programs, with an emphasis on Excel and Word
- Experience and proficiency in Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD software is considered a bonus
Job Type: Full time
Benefits: Health, dental, vision, 401K, paid vacation, paid holidays
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Please reply with resume and cover letter detailing relevant work experience.
Terreal North America is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.