Product Technical Services Advisor & Field Technician
Terreal North America’s parent company, Ludowici, a leader in terracotta roofing, claddings, sunscreen and flooring building products, is seeking a full-time product technical services advisor and field technician to assist in continuing overall company successes and growth. This product technical services role is a critical position within Ludowici. This role is responsible for providing technical support at job sites (nationwide) for the installation of roofing, wall cladding and flooring materials. Ludowici offers a collaborative, team environment where open discussions and sharing of information and expertise is encouraged. Successful candidates should have knowledge of commercial, institutional and residential construction drawings, specifications, and installation processes. Please visit www.ludowici.com to learn more.
- Primary responsibility will be to work with installation contractors and customers on project job sites when needed to assist in project installation start-ups and to trouble shoot installation situations in which manufacturer guidance and support is needed.
- When needed, attend project jobsites, attend pre-construction meetings and then follow-up visits with written observation and technical reports.
- Training installation contractors both virtually and on-site/in-person will be a significant part of this position.
- Must have the ability to answer technical questions regarding product information, product installation and product pricing.
- Must be able to review plans, specifications, and designs with Sales/Project Management teams to highlight areas of concern.
- Will need to participate and lead in contractor training events presenting company prototypical details and assist in directing hands on training events.
- Additional responsibilities include working with the Director of Technical Services to keep all product technical support tools and documents accurate and up to date.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with company sales representatives and external customers including building owners, contractors & architects.
- Additional responsibilities when not traveling to project sites will be to prepare product material estimates for roofing, wall cladding, flooring and trade good materials. This will require putting together component-based material takeoffs and writing formal pricing proposals.
- Must prepare material proposals for a wide variety of projects across the U.S. and occasionally for export market.
- Must work with inner company Trade Goods Manager/Department to promote/manage standard trade good component pricing ensuring proposals include all materials company can offer.
- Must be able to review material takeoffs and proposals developed by others for accuracy and completeness prior to material proposal issuance.
- Assist company to maintain and update material proposal tools, forms, installation guidelines/techniques, technical policies and procedures.
- Use construction knowledge of roof, wall and floor assembly construction principles to perform takes off and build sales quotations.
- Ensure all sales quotation data is entered accurately and clearly to define the scope of the sales quotation.
- Participate in conference calls or onsite meetings with sales representative and architects as well as perspective customers regarding construction and installation detailing.
- Communicate with internal project managers and customer service department.
- 5-10 years experience in an estimating role and/or in working with installation crews (on project sites) who install building materials in the construction industry (Preferred).
- Strong interpersonal verbal and written skills.
- Salesforce CRM and Dynamics 365 software platform (Preferred, but not required).
- Experience and proficiency in Revit and/or AutoCAD software (Preferred, but not required).
- Planswift computer estimating software (Preferred, but not required).
- Experience with installation of steep slope roofing materials, wall cladding materials and flooring materials would be preferred.
- Must have an Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architectural Engineering, Architecture, Drafting or related technical field.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret construction documents from architectural drawings, structural drawings, and related construction specifications.
- Must have strong organization skills with self-driven personality.
- Must have assemble, develop and issue material bid/quote documents from information received from sales representatives, customers, roofers, distributors and bid document services in order to meet pricing/bid deadlines.
- Must have Commercial/Residential construction experience in pre-construction services and installation of building materials
- Must have the ability to read, interpret and navigate plans and specifications.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs, with an emphasis on Excel and Word.
- Must maintain and build strong relationships with current sales reps, showroom teams, material suppliers and customers by meeting quote/estimate demands and deadlines.
- Must be willing to work extra hours as required by business need.
- Must have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and ability to be strong team member.
- Must develop and maintain a positive “can-do” attitude concerning the job, the estimating department, other departments and our company with both customers, sales teams and fellow employees.
- Must meet sales and customer driven deadlines for material proposals.
- Must pay close attention to detail with a strong focus on accuracy
Job Type: Full time
Benefits: Health, dental, vision, 401K, paid vacation, paid holidays
Location: Multiple locations for position include: New Lexington, Ohio – Dallas, Texas – Cincinnati, Ohio
Please reply with resume and cover letter detailing relevant work experience.