Terreal North America, a leader in terracotta claddings and sunscreen products, is seeking an estimator to assist in continuing the overall company successes and growth. Terreal North America offers a collaborative, team environment where open discussions and sharing of information and expertise is encouraged. Successful candidates should have knowledge of commercial and institutional construction drawings, specifications, and processes.
- Assemble bid documents received from product representatives and bid document services
- Use computer based estimating takeoff software
- Perform component-based material takeoffs
- Prepare material proposals for a wide variety of projects across the U.S.
- Develop custom support framing concepts with component drawing to obtain related pricing
- Maintain relationships with current suppliers and establish new relationships with vendors and suppliers
- Contact vendors to manage standard component pricing ensuring proposals are based on current market values
- Review material takeoffs and proposals developed by others for accuracy and completeness prior to material proposal issuance.
- Maintain and update material proposal tools and forms
- Develops and issues detailed material proposals for distribution to installation contractors
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Architectural Engineering, or related field
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents from architectural drawings, structural drawings, and related construction specifications.
- Strong organization skills with self-driven personality
- Problem solving ability and desire
- Interpersonal verbal and written skills
- Commercial construction experience in pre-construction services and/or estimating
- Ability to read, interpret and navigate plans and specifications
- Proficient in MS Office programs, with an emphasis on Excel and Word
- Experience and proficiency in Revit and/or AutoCAD software is preferred
Job Type: Full time
Benefits: Health, dental, vision, 401K, paid vacation, paid holidays
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Please reply with resume and cover letter detailing relevant work experience.
Terreal North America is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.