Architectural Revit-CAD Designer
Terreal North America, a leader in terracotta wall claddings and sunscreen products, is seeking an Architectural Revit-CAD Designer to assist in continuing the overall company successes and growth. Terreal North America offers a collaborative, team environment where open discussions and sharing of information and expertise is encouraged. Successful candidates should have knowledge of commercial and institutional architectural construction drawings, specifications, and processes.
- Work with design team members to assemble details, shop drawings and submittal packages for wall cladding systems
- Proficient use of computer-based drawing software: Autodesk Revit, AutoCAD, BIM
- Ability to perform drafting, layout work and straightforward calculations relative to design/construction drawings
- Prepare shop drawings from supplied architectural plans and sketches
- Communicate with design team, sales team, architects, designers and contractors to gather proper technical data for each project
- Provide timely updates for drawing completion and workload
- Perform component-based material takeoffs from prepared shop drawings
Skills and Experience:
- Seeking a professional Architectural Revit-CAD Designer with previous architectural drafting experience
- Experience and proficiency in Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD software is required
- In-depth familiarity with the architectural design process
- Completion of technical trade school in Autodesk Revit, AutoCAD or 2+ years of architectural drafting experience preferred
- Exposure to drafting associated with wall cladding systems and/or building envelop products is preferred
- Great growth opportunity to be trained in the area of creating BOM’s, doing calculations and project management
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents from architectural drawings, structural drawings, and related construction specifications.
- Strong organization skills with self-driven personality
- Problem solving ability and desire
- Interpersonal verbal and written skills
- Commercial construction experience in pre-construction services and/or estimating
- Ability to read, interpret and navigate construction plans and specifications
- Proficient in MS Office programs, with an emphasis on Excel and Word
Job Type: Full time
Benefits: Health, dental, vision, 401K, paid vacation, paid holidays
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Please reply with resume and cover letter detailing relevant work experience.
Terreal North America is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.